Skip to main content

Arequipa







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chile and the mullet comparison

A very important word to learn in Spanish which is also very important to the locals in South America “Cubanas” or better known as The Mullet. Do not think of the general cubana population of Australia or England that have yet to get out of the 80`s but more to the "belleza" of the football field. My observations of this master hair piece is that it can look somewhat funky being closer to a cropped mowhawk with an extra bit at the back. Though in the world of curly hair it has become affectionetely known as the woody woodpecker, thanks to Dolly and her detailed description of a bit of gaff of hair popped on top of someones head like a woody woodpecker. The Santiago version is usually, blunt fringe short side and what is supposedly for partying at the back is a mass of long straight hair that would struggle to get an invite to a bingo night. I have been a week in Santiago. On the positive note I am doing well in classes and have learnt past tense (important for conversat

Nigeria

I looked up a few books stores to try and find a guide book about this country – and nothing. I must admit though I didn’t check out if there was a section in the Africa books. However country books were mainly for South Africa and Kenya. Coming from Sydney from my brothers wedding weekend it was my seventh long haul flight in around 6 weeks – I was tired but am getting use to airports and long haul flights and I found myself mouthing the emergency exit demonstration. The flight was not very nice – we seemed to go through a storm – it was pretty spectacular until we hit a huge air pockets and it turned into a carnival ride when people sneak on food and drinks. Getting onto the flight to Lagos at my transit point of Dubai, two things were apparent, the Nigerians travel in numbers and love duty free…The cabins were overflowed with duty free bags, and I was confused as to who knew which bag was whose. Landing in a new country I find exciting – always. The start to the

A Title by The Whitlams

Melbourne. It took a short time to see the things I love about this city but I have finally landed in an amused state. Individuality really stands out in this city, though it is small it has a lot of diversity. Those that have travelled on the number 86 or ventured into the smith street supermarket will know what I'm talking about..in particular on my tram ride one morning in an hour I saw polished women to men who became women, but still didn't appear to like the idea of shaving legs. Funky looking guys, to men who have a bowl haircut and wear Hawaiian shirts - which quiet frankly just looks like they want to hurt someone. Chic boho to what I'm going to call boo hoo when it doesn't quiet look right and are obviously still in transition from the eastern suburbs. I have successfully ended my last few days here with my close friend, Kylie's wedding. The hens party was a success due to a rather entertaining guy doing puppetry tricks that was once a man's best