Skip to main content

Leaving Party





Hey,
I've posted up a couple of photos from the party. The story from the little book from that night was somewhat amusing. Highlights were giant gingers, top flash, Johnny Barrell and a dream that I became a man - you guys are disturbed.

Well it has been two weeks into my Australian leg, and the struth and ripper colloquialisms are back in full force. I’m becoming accustomed to a lifestyle of celebrity status...though quiet understandably will last no longer than my due 15 minutes.

I'm currently on Phillip Island (South of Melbourne off the Victoria coast) eating fresh crayfish, drinking bubbly while watching the sunset over the ocean from the back veranda. Life is pretty good. There have been sighting of white pointers, and a few evacuations from the beaches...so is a pretty good excuse for not testing out if I can still stand on a board.

Australia Day was great fun. I caught up with my mate Dan who was covering the Australian Open – and it was great to see that he also thought that Roddick is actually Stifler. I ventured off to a BBQ and the Park in Nth Fitzroy in the afternoon for a game of volleyball slurping on a Coopers with Leif, Luke, Jeremy and the gay airline steward from Full Frontal. I met lots of new people who were lovely.

Boo Hoo I broke my camera. So I don't have any cool pics to post up yet.

I've had a pretty awesome time being here so far, has been great catching up with friends, meeting new children and seeing others grow up, discovering a gallery that I thought had shut for good reopen around the corner where I was recognised by a guy I haven't seen for 20 years, thanks to soap and water for my nanna free face.

I still have three weeks to go, which involves a hen's night, a wedding travelling into NSW country, testing out more old haunts in and around Melbourne. St Kilda was conquered in my first week - go the vineyard and their dodgy couches!!
Sara xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moon Valley and Mendoza

Machu Picchu and Cusco II

There is a very good reason why Machu Picchu was awarded one of the new 7 wonders of the world. Many people I know have been to MP either via the Inca Trail or the train and walk up to the site. It is spectacular. We spent the night before in Auga Calientes a small village at the base of the mountain, and then made our way up early the following morning. You cannot spend less than a full day in MP, there is so much to see and do. This place feels like you are on top on the world, it is so steep, and when you have a narrow path to walk on and a sheer drop it is not for the faint hearted.  We both then spent the day rummaging around the ruins. We made out way from from Cusco to Lima via bus which is also not for the nervous person. It resembled a rollercoaster ride with loads of unmade sections. One of the drivers thought he was a in the formula one, we managed to distract ourselves by taking silly videos of pretending to pan pipe on little pipes Fanny had purchases to the mus

Machu Picchu and Cusco I