Skip to main content

A Title by The Whitlams

Melbourne. It took a short time to see the things I love about this city but I have finally landed in an amused state. Individuality really stands out in this city, though it is small it has a lot of diversity.

Those that have travelled on the number 86 or ventured into the smith street supermarket will know what I'm talking about..in particular on my tram ride one morning in an hour I saw polished women to men who became women, but still didn't appear to like the idea of shaving legs. Funky looking guys, to men who have a bowl haircut and wear Hawaiian shirts - which quiet frankly just looks like they want to hurt someone. Chic boho to what I'm going to call boo hoo when it doesn't quiet look right and are obviously still in transition from the eastern suburbs.

I have successfully ended my last few days here with my close friend, Kylie's wedding. The hens party was a success due to a rather entertaining guy doing puppetry tricks that was once a man's best kept secret after discovering locks on the bathroom/bedroom doors - or wherever there happened to be a mirror! It was a huge hit with the bride and the girls.

After the pre nuptial jitters it all took off without a hitch and was a great night. Kylie looked beautiful and did nothing but enjoyed herself in true Kylie style, the girl who was my teacher in wrong fullness.

I seem to put out a few questions and here is another one - what is it about being a maid of honour or bridesmaid and being single that tends to be a point of conquering for the guys of the evening? I will say the flattery is lovely but didn't last long when one persistent guy resorted to waking me up at 4 in the morning to have one last drink hoping I would have changed my mind and he would be handed the grand prize so to speak. Hmm after a full day of hair make up dressing self dressing bride then standing in a church without air conditioning in a 38 degree day would logically think that waking me up was quiet a bold move. But applause for trying. Who said that the maids don't make a speech. Well I found out that sometimes they do at the point of a microphone being trust in my direction, but years of hanging out with Kylie I was well prepared for anything goes attitude! And I'm quiet glad that I did.

Cricket is in the Australian blood. There was a funny celebrity game today where Shane Warne was raising money. I have to mention that I was in stitches with the play of Peter Hellier aka Straunie and well deserved man of the match together with his g-string and 'pearler' of a mullet.

I travel up to Sydney in a couple of days. I never thought I would be one to say this - but please be a little cooler there.

Sara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moon Valley and Mendoza

Machu Picchu and Cusco II

There is a very good reason why Machu Picchu was awarded one of the new 7 wonders of the world. Many people I know have been to MP either via the Inca Trail or the train and walk up to the site. It is spectacular. We spent the night before in Auga Calientes a small village at the base of the mountain, and then made our way up early the following morning. You cannot spend less than a full day in MP, there is so much to see and do. This place feels like you are on top on the world, it is so steep, and when you have a narrow path to walk on and a sheer drop it is not for the faint hearted.  We both then spent the day rummaging around the ruins. We made out way from from Cusco to Lima via bus which is also not for the nervous person. It resembled a rollercoaster ride with loads of unmade sections. One of the drivers thought he was a in the formula one, we managed to distract ourselves by taking silly videos of pretending to pan pipe on little pipes Fanny had purchases to the mus

Machu Picchu and Cusco I