Skip to main content

Chile and the mullet comparison


A very important word to learn in Spanish which is also very important to the locals in South America “Cubanas” or better known as The Mullet. Do not think of the general cubana population of Australia or England that have yet to get out of the 80`s but more to the "belleza" of the football field. My observations of this master hair piece is that it can look somewhat funky being closer to a cropped mowhawk with an extra bit at the back. Though in the world of curly hair it has become affectionetely known as the woody woodpecker, thanks to Dolly and her detailed description of a bit of gaff of hair popped on top of someones head like a woody woodpecker. The Santiago version is usually, blunt fringe short side and what is supposedly for partying at the back is a mass of long straight hair that would struggle to get an invite to a bingo night.
I have been a week in Santiago. On the positive note I am doing well in classes and have learnt past tense (important for conversation outside who I am where I am from and what I think of the town I am visiting).

I am missing BsAs terribly and am realising how fortunate I was to meet the people I did in Argentina.  Its a different tempo here, but my Spanish is improving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moon Valley and Mendoza

Machu Picchu and Cusco II

There is a very good reason why Machu Picchu was awarded one of the new 7 wonders of the world. Many people I know have been to MP either via the Inca Trail or the train and walk up to the site. It is spectacular. We spent the night before in Auga Calientes a small village at the base of the mountain, and then made our way up early the following morning. You cannot spend less than a full day in MP, there is so much to see and do. This place feels like you are on top on the world, it is so steep, and when you have a narrow path to walk on and a sheer drop it is not for the faint hearted.  We both then spent the day rummaging around the ruins. We made out way from from Cusco to Lima via bus which is also not for the nervous person. It resembled a rollercoaster ride with loads of unmade sections. One of the drivers thought he was a in the formula one, we managed to distract ourselves by taking silly videos of pretending to pan pipe on little pipes Fanny had purchases to the mus

Machu Picchu and Cusco I